Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Getting older, but no pants suits for this chick

Okay, maybe I can make this entry a little bit more interesting than the last one....I am getting nervous.  My birthday is approaching and I feel apprehensive about it.  I usually don't put too much stock into birthdays, well I mean my birthday, anyway.  Don't misread me, I don't care that I am turning 35, it is never about the age.  I firmly believe that you are as old as you feel, but let's face it, society places some expectations on us the older we get.  Which sucks....But I am here to tell you right now there are some old fogie things I will NOT be participating in, I don't care how old I get.  The first thing on my list of old folk things to avoid is the matching pants suit and sandals.  I swear, I do not like pants suits, matching casual wear stuff.  You have to know what I am talking about.  You can ask the people I work with.  I will see a middle age, or older woman come into the theater wearing the type of outfit that I despise and I will immediately point it out and tell them, you will never find me in one of those.  What is up with them?  They sell in linen, cotton, and I believe I have even seen them in some form of shiny silkish material.  They are typically uniform in color, maybe have a matching jacket, some beading perhaps.....and the kicker for me, is that the old ladies always wear them with hose and sandals.  NOT ME!!!


Okay I don't know why I got on THAT soapbox, but here is why I am aprrehensive.  I told myself that I was gonna get my tattoo for my birthday.  And by golly I am gonna do it, but I am nervous about it.  Doing something permanant like that is scary.  I also want another piercing, but I am pretty sure I will have to choose one over the other.  I choose the tattoo because it seems like it is now or never.  I am to the point where I am tired of talking about it and I am excited to see what it will look like.  I think now would be a good time to call the tattoo shop and see what I can figure out.......

3 comments:

  1. I told Lydia I'd never wear tall socks (especially black ones) with shorts. Not sure if I have any other real definite no-nos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good one....on another note, how am I supposed to know that you commented? I just stumbled across this one.....

    ReplyDelete